Eros International Plc [NYSE Trading Symbol: EROS, $13.99] is scheduled to host a conference call later this morning at 8:30 AM Eastern Time to discuss its reported financial results for fourth quarter and fiscal year 2016. The following are suggested issues for investors to raise with management
- its undisclosed “divided” audit and shifting revenue and cost allocation between its two public entities;
- its Audit Committee investor representations of a purported review;
- its relationship with Rana Productions Limited and former Group Chief Financial Officer Andrew Hefferman’s role in this company;
- its discretionary valuation of Film Content and Accounts Receivables;
- its former CFO Hefferman’s failure to execute and file the required Sarbanes-Oakley compliance certification for Fiscal 2014 and 2015.
Another investor concern is EROS’s self-professed claim to have increased revenues to customers located in the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”) over 15 fold in the last three years. The UAE professed a 1,550.8% increase in the reported revenues while revenues in India decreased 3.6% and revenues for all Customer Locations excluding the UAE decreased 9.9%.
Attached here you will find asensio.com’s spreadsheet analysis titled “Revenues by Customer Location.”
Grant Thornton India LLP’s (“GTI”) has retained Foley and Lardner LLP (“Foley”) as its counsel. asensio.com has sent a letter seeking information from Foley pertaining to the GTI “divided responsibility” audit. Asensio.com has also sent a letter to pertaining to Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP’s (“Skadden”) role in Eros’ internal review.
asensio.com has been publishing investigative research concerning short investments since June 4, 1996. asensio.com’s reporting strives to provide the most accurate facts and analysis available concerning the companies that are the subjects of our research. It is the first website exclusively devoted to the idea that contrarian investment news and research should be available to the public to enhance the market’s price discovery process. For over two decades, asensio.com’s research has intersected with many major market events and significant regulatory upheavals. The National Bureau of Economic Research [“NBER”], the nation’s leading non-profit economic research organization, published a behavioural finance article finding Manuel P. Asensio to be the Pioneer of “information producers as arbitrageurs.”
Any inquiries and requests for information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org